Because of its beaches, Mallorca is considered one of the most popular tourist destinations during the summer. The interior of this Mediterranean island hides scenic villages and routes with viewpoints to breathtaking natural landscapes.
The best way to get to know the natural beauty offered by the Serra de Tramuntana, an enclave declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2011, is through a trip in car. By taking one of our car experiences, you can take the necessary breaks to contemplate each of the landscapes and enjoy the local art, culture and gastronomy.
One of the favourite routes for tourists involves the villages of Valldemossa, Deià and Sóller, authentic jewels of the Serra de Tramuntana, exploring it is, without a doubt, one of the best activities to do in Mallorca.
Mallorca by car, from Valldemossa to Sóller
When doing some research on the best activities to do in Mallorca, to plan a trip to the largest of the Balearic Islands, you will find car experiences across the island as one of the most recommended activities for international tourists. These allow visitors to discover secret places in Mallorca, such as viewpoints along the road, which are inaccessible by public transport.
Touring the north of Mallorca by car takes you to charming villages, discovering interesting aspects of the local culture:
- Valldemossa: a village of stone streets and buildings, rich in history, reminiscent of a typical medieval village. Surrounded by a beautiful valley covered with lush trees and access to a small but very picturesque port.
- Deià: this is another charming village of similar beauty to Valldemossa, where you can walk along stone paved streets and admire the best views of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Sóller: this valley is one of the jewels of the Serra Tramuntana. It is a large town, with beautiful and stunning buildings, although its main attractions are its trees, its train and its beautiful port.
Car Trip Mallorca touring the Tramuntana Mountains
If you have already decided that your getaway to this island will include a car tour, we offer you our route: Tramuntana Hidden Marvels in which you will get to know beautiful places of the island.
Starting from Valldemossa, we will visit the Ermita, Son Marroig, the fascinating village of Deià and we will finish in the Sóller Valley, where we will see how olive oil was traditionally produced. All this, while you admire the most exuberant landscapes, know some history of the region, discover some local stories and taste some typical products of the Mallorcan gastronomy.
Keep in mind that the excursions around the island offered by Driveando will take you to visit emblematic villages, considered jewels of the Serra Tramuntana. You can enjoy them in three different formats:
- Self-Drive (where you drive the car yourself)
- Vip-Trip (which includes a guide driving the vehicle)
- Private Tour (special for private groups)
The island of Mallorca is one of the destinations where you will find the greatest variety of activities to do, all of them enchanting, thanks to the magic of being surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea.